As omnichannel retail becomes the norm, coupons continue to rule the world of promotions. An overwhelming 59% of consumers stated that of the different types of promotions a retailer can employ, digital coupons still hold the most sway when it comes to influencing a consumer’s purchasing decision.
“The State of Digital Coupons”, an August 2014 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of RetailMeNot, Inc. evaluates the impact of digital coupons and promotions, and finds that they positively affect brand, loyalty, and shopping cart abandonment.
What: The State of Digital Coupons
When: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 @ 12:00 PM CDT
Where: Online – RetailMeNot Inc
- Digital coupons positively affect brand and loyalty
- Digital coupons play a key role in incentivizing purchases and combatting shopping cart abandonment
- Consumers prefer coupons and coupon codes over other types of promotions
- Mobile coupon use via tablets and smart phones is on the rise
- Consumers are likely to spend more in-store when redeeming digital coupons from smartphones
- Sucharita Mulpuru, Vice President, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, Inc.
- Keith Duncan, Vice President, In-Store & Mobile at RetailMeNot, Inc.