In a world full of data, knowing what to track that adds meaningful value to your business can be challenging. Erica McGillivray, Senior Community Manager at Moz, will walk you through which social media metrics to track and which to ignore. You explore how to show what social media means to your business and how to gauge its success.
What: Social Media Metrics: What You Should Be Tracking
When: Tuesday, August 19th at 2pm EST
Where: Online – DigitalSherpa
- Set appropriate social media goals that match realistic business goals.
- Have hard conversations about how buying followers isn’t the answer and doesn’t add brand value.
- Show that you’re keeping an active, growing social media audience for your brand.
- Learn what metrics you should be tracking and why.
- Narrow down the tools to use to gather your metrics.
- Decide what metrics you should share your boss or client and which ones are useful for yourself, your team, or others in your company.
Presenter: Erica McGillivray is a die-hard geek who spends a ridiculous amount of time being nerdy, both professionally and personally. At Moz, she’s the senior community manager and wrangles a community of over 400,000 members, co-runs the annual MozCon, and works on whatever else is thrown her way. She’s also a founder of GeekGirlCon, a nonprofit run by volunteers that celebrates and supports geeky women. In her spare time, Erica’s a published author and has a comic book collection that’s an earthquake hazard.