Analytics are great – it’s easy to learn valuable insights about people’s behaviors and activities. However, analytics doesn’t tell you the full story like why someone is on your site or how satisfied they are with your business. That’s where surveys come into play. But surveys can be used for much more than just market research. You can measure satisfaction, intent, needs, and even find product-market fit.
Not everything can be understood with just qualitative metrics. Just because someone converts in a short amount of time doesn’t mean they are a “good customer”. They might be converting because you offer the cheapest price or your site doesn’t have enough information so they have to use the free trial.
What: How to Get Survey Answers That Actually Help Your Business
When: Thursday, August 7th at 10am PDT
Where: Online – KISSmetrics
- 5 Tips for Designing Survey Questions That Get Answers
- 3 Ways to Get Surveys In Front of People
- 3 Strategies for Segmenting Survey Results
- Bonus: Our Favorite Tools and Workflows for Getting This Done
- Chuck Liu – User Experience Researcher at KISSmetrics
- Thue Madsen – Marketing Associate at KISSmetrics